Idiolect - Conversation
On your blog write a conversation between yourself and a person with an entirely different idiolect. 20 lines. annotate for regional and social dialect, jargon, slang colloquial phrases.
Regional Dialect
Social Dialect
Slang / Colloquial Language/phrases
IDIOLECT
ME: PERSON 2
. Female . Male
. Teenager . Adult
. Canadian . American
. Black . Cafe-owner
. Student . African American
Me: Goodmorning, Mr. Reuben.
Mr. Reuben: Mornin' how you been child?
Me: I'm good thanks, how's business?
Mr. Reuben: for real, it's been driving me up the goddamn wall!
Me: How so?
Mr. Reuebn: No more customers, and that damn big fancy cafe down the street ain't helping one bit; like who the hell, names their cafe, McLean Cafe, they takin' it from them white dudes in that old group somethin' boys? Ha, nice.
Me: Maybe you need something new, like something on the menu?
Mr. Reueben: I may have to pass the buck or somethin'
Me: No no no, umm... maybe sell your double-doubles with a free muffin.
Mr. Reuben: A what now?
Me: A double-double... oh a coffee with 2 cream and two sugar.
Mr. Reuben: I don't think that'll help, I screwed up when I decided to fire that damn advertising manager chick
Me: Anyways, my mom sent me here to get her a blueberry muffin, with a small hot chocolate?
Mr. Reuben: That'll be 4 bucks. (How American's say 1 Dollar)
Me: I'm short a loony ( How canadian's say 1 Dollar), can I pay you later?
Mr. Reuben: Nah sweetheart, its on the house.
Me: Thanks Mr. Reuben, I owe you one.
Mr. Reuben: Say hi to your momma, and pops.
Me: I will, bye Mr. Reuben.
Mr. Reuben: Bye now darlin'
Regional Dialect
Social Dialect
Slang / Colloquial Language/phrases
IDIOLECT
ME: PERSON 2
. Female . Male
. Teenager . Adult
. Canadian . American
. Black . Cafe-owner
. Student . African American
Me: Goodmorning, Mr. Reuben.
Mr. Reuben: Mornin' how you been child?
Me: I'm good thanks, how's business?
Mr. Reuben: for real, it's been driving me up the goddamn wall!
Me: How so?
Mr. Reuebn: No more customers, and that damn big fancy cafe down the street ain't helping one bit; like who the hell, names their cafe, McLean Cafe, they takin' it from them white dudes in that old group somethin' boys? Ha, nice.
Me: Maybe you need something new, like something on the menu?
Mr. Reueben: I may have to pass the buck or somethin'
Me: No no no, umm... maybe sell your double-doubles with a free muffin.
Mr. Reuben: A what now?
Me: A double-double... oh a coffee with 2 cream and two sugar.
Mr. Reuben: I don't think that'll help, I screwed up when I decided to fire that damn advertising manager chick
Me: Anyways, my mom sent me here to get her a blueberry muffin, with a small hot chocolate?
Mr. Reuben: That'll be 4 bucks. (How American's say 1 Dollar)
Me: I'm short a loony ( How canadian's say 1 Dollar), can I pay you later?
Mr. Reuben: Nah sweetheart, its on the house.
Me: Thanks Mr. Reuben, I owe you one.
Mr. Reuben: Say hi to your momma, and pops.
Me: I will, bye Mr. Reuben.
Mr. Reuben: Bye now darlin'
Comments
Post a Comment